Saturday, September 20, 2014

Everyday Living


Our morning trail

Declan and I go jogging together in the morning on a little path next to our apartment.  Every morning we get up and walk past the bunny rabbits in our yard, watch the birds fly around chirping, jog through the rolling wheat fields, and just miss home!  Pullman is a great place to be, but we definitely miss having our family close by and the familiarity of living in Logan.  However, we are making fabulous friends here and I know it will be just as hard to leave when Taylor is done as it was to leave Utah.  With the school year well underway we've gotten into our routines and the days seem to fly by! 

Family Updates:

Taylor: I asked Taylor what he has been doing lately that deserved mentioning in this section and he replied, "absolutely nothing."  Basically, he has already been sucked into vet school and I've lost my husband for the next two years (he goes straight into 4th year without a break).  He has been working hard in school and successfully made it through his first two exams. He has also been looking into his schedule for what things he would like to do for his 4th year as they do a lot of clinical rounds and they actually get quite a bit of freedom when it comes to choosing the type and sometimes even the location of those opportunities.  He is still hoping to go into research and development, so hopefully he'll be able to do some of his 4th year exploring options in that area.

Elise: I've had a hard time keeping up with everything this month! When I sit down at the computer it is usually to try and squeeze some work time in so I've neglected giving everyone an update on our adventures.  The school year is going well and I'm definitely enjoying working with my students.  It is hard to get anything done when Declan decides he doesn't want to nap, but we are into a routine and things are going well. I've also been able to enjoy some time creating things for our little home now that Declan sleeps in his crib and has a more consistent bed time.  As a picture is worth a thousand words, you can see for yourself what I've been up to!

I painted a jar for my shelf, but haven't found anything else to put up there yet!
 I also finished the shelves for our guest bathroom and painted a letter for Declan's door to match his animal wall decals.


Declan: This little guy is growing up so fast!  He is starting solids, doing well with sleep training, moving around (rolling, getting up on all fours, spinning in circles), and even swimming during our parent/child swim lessons.  He still loves going outside and watching the cars drive by and he has also started enjoying the chance to play on the grass.  His hair is even getting so long that I worry we'll need to cut it! He's almost 7 months old and he definitely brightens up our life!

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I have seen my husband way more 4th year than I did any other year, so at least you have that to look forward to! I'm glad your here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm so glad we got to see you guys and I look forward to hanging out again with a little less chaos

    ReplyDelete