Sunday, August 24, 2014

Where Did Summer Go?

Wow! The last three weeks have flown by.  I don't know how, but we managed to fill up our days and as of tomorrow our summer is officially over!  We've spent the last three weeks visiting friends, attending the LDS Temple in Spokane, getting ready for school and work, and who knows what else! At least we feel like our little family is planted and thriving in our new place.

 

Family Updates:
Taylor: A lot of time went to working on building a patio this month.  Taylor was able to work with some of his WSU professors at their home as they tried to finish their brick patio before the summer's end.  Taylor had fun working out in the sun all day and earning a little bit of money too!  He also found plenty of time to catch up with his shows and enjoy Netflix.  It will be a long time before he gets to do that again! 

Elise:  I turned 28!  I can't believe how old I am getting. It is odd to look in the mirror and see a mom staring back at me.  When did growing up happen?  I made myself a delicious ice cream cake to celebrate, culminating our summer of Tillamook flavors.  Favorites are still Cookie Dough and White Chocolate Raspberry.  I'm excited to start teaching this week.  It will be interesting to see how it goes, but I'm ready for the challenge and the routine that responsibilities will bring into our life.

Here's my little ball of towel!
Declan:  He is still a rolling fool, but still hasn't figured out that crawling doesn't require his face. I'm betting a few more rug burns on his nose before he realizes that it takes getting up on both arms and legs to do the job.  We also started letting him be in the big bath tub instead of his baby tub.  He loves laying in the warm water and splashing to his hearts content. I can't wait to take him swimming as I think he will love it!  We also started sleep training, so he has cried more than ever.  However, he is sleeping in his crib most of the night and for longer stretches of time.  In the end hopefully this means a happier baby (and a happier daddy). 




Wish us luck as the semester starts and work begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment