Monday, October 27, 2014

8 Months Old and Oh So Big!





At the hospital
8 months ago I woke Taylor up at 4:00 AM and we headed off to Logan Regional Hospital. We had no idea what we were doing.  Baby Declan wasn't supposed to arrive for another month!  With my water broken and nurses wishing us a happy baby day, we started to acknowledge it was really happening.  I emailed my students to cancel class; Taylor ate a sandwich and went back to sleep. We had a wonderful nurse that checked in every hour or so and Taylor helped me through each contraction. After 5 hours of labor and a passionate declaration of never going through this again, our family grew by one.  Declan was a tiny baby at just 17.5 inches long and weighing in at 5 lbs 14 oz, but he filled up our lives and changed them forever.


  
Such a big cutie!

He is now 8 months old and smack dab in the middle of the charts at about 20 inches long and 20 lbs.  He sits up on his own and crawls everywhere! He is a happy baby unless he is tired or sick.  When I take him out shopping I always get comments about his cute chubby legs and long blonde hair.  We sure love this kiddo and can't believe he is growing up so fast!










Family Updates:

Tired Sunday Nap
 Taylor: School is keeping Taylor busy and frustrated.  It has been a stressful semester as exams have been spread out instead of grouped together.  It may seem like a good thing, but it would be easier to have one stressful test week out of every three instead of a test every single week.  He is also putting together his schedule for next year and hoping for some opportunities for research during his 4th year rotations.   Hopefully some of his locations will be scheduled close to family so we can visit! 



 Elise: At this point in the year, each day seems blurred together.  I'm working on teaching every spare minute.  I contact students during the day and help them with assignments then I grade and prep once Declan is down for the night.  I also attempt to clean up our apartment from time to time and work on random projects.  My current project that must get done is Declan's Halloween costume.  He is going to dress up like Taylor and be a miniature vet student.  I have to get his scrubs sewn in time for the vet school party and my work costume photo competition. 



Playing
 Declan:  Every day Declan wakes up and plays with his toys, but lately he has been loving anything that isn't a toy.  He loves shoes, cords, paper, leaves, anything he can get his hands on before we take it away.  I try to give him enough attention throughout the day, but at most of the time he is happiest on his own just crawling around making mischief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment