Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Our Pullman Place

This week I wanted to show off our new place! The blog update is a little late because I had to get pictures while the rooms where relatively clean, which was harder to do than I would've liked! We were very excited to upgrade from our studio/1 bedroomish apartment to this bigger place-we have so many doors!


Our Living Room! Taylor still needs to straighten his USU poster and I want to do some type of world map by the shelves above the couch.
The Kitchen! I love my curtains and this room is pretty bright and cheery.  Dishwasher and disposal are the best things ever! I still need things to go on my shelf.
The top pictures are the Master Bathroom and the bottom pictures are the Guest Bathroom.  I still need shelving in the guest bath.
Master Bedroom. I still need curtains and some décor to fill in the blank spots on the walls, but when it is clean it looks very nice!
Declan's room is coming along. I can't decide if I should raise the decals up higher on the wall or leave them as it.  I also want to put his name up by the picture frame.
We also have a guest bedroom, but it is also my sewing room and is currently more of a disaster than I could tackle.  I do have to have it clean by the time Grandma and Grandpa Hatton get here this weekend, so I'll update with pictures of that room when I can!

Family Updates:
Taylor: Taylor is thoroughly enjoying his free trial of Amazon Prime streaming.  He even watched Sharknado which has to be one of the worst movies of all time.  He is getting ready for school to start at the end of August and is getting all of his necessary items.  His biggest complaint is that the electronic versions of things cost exactly the same as getting the print versions, but luckily he only needs the notes printed by the university and possibly one book. 

Elise: I'm still trying to keep the apartment in order, which is hard during lazy summer days.  I'm feeling about ready for school to start just for the structure that it will bring to our schedule. I am excited to be preparing for teaching, which was a pleasant surprise from this past week.  I'll be taking on the Earth Science course at UCA (where I taught full-time last year).  It should be very flexible. Just enough to keep me busy, but still be able to have Declan be my number one priority.  Plus, it also means needing less student loan dollars which is definitely a good thing!  I was feeling nostalgic with all the signs for back to school and teacher discounts, so this is the perfect solution.

Declan: He is a rolling fool!  Declan can now successfully go from his back to his tummy and from his tummy to his back.  I'm starting to feel up to doing some serious sleep training, so I'm tracking his sleep and feeding this week so we can jump into that the first week of August.  He still hates his rice cereal, so we're not trying any additional solids yet.  He loves sitting and looking around, especially outside and loves more physical play (like being tossed gently in the air).  If he gets overtired, he becomes a bit punch drunk and you can get him giggling like mad at just about anything.  He also made friends this past week with our neighbor's cat Oreo and our friend's dog Davis.  He got licked in the face a lot and didn't seem to mind.  He may be a mini-vet in the making!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment